A good quality outbound calling software for an outbound call center is an integral tool to increase the sale volume of an organization. After much effort spent on lead generation, an increased conversion-ratio is a must to maintain ROI and enhance revenue. Every company likes to see their conversion-ratio improve within a short span.
However, this is easier said than done. It is true that selling is a subjective process, and everyone has different approaches on how to close a sale. While the techniques to grab the deal may differ between companies, there are few general practices that can help all. Here are a few wide-ranging sale tips that can help you to increase your sales ratio.
1. Be Prepared
• The caller is the first and main medium to impress clients. Hence, it is important that the agent ‘knows it all.’ The script and the presentation must be prepared in advance and sufficient research on the probable questions of the buyer must be done.
• It is also important that the representative has the features, benefits and USP of the product at his disposal. This not only makes him more confident but also helps in winning over the trust of the patron.
2. Greet Them
• Do not start the selling process as soon as the call begins. It is important that the client is made comfortable. Only then will he start participating in the interaction. Greet him formally and stay professional.
• Give only a general introduction of the company. Do not give out details of the product. This will arouse an interest among the consumer and keep them on the line for long.
• Example: “Good Afternoon sir. This is Maya Raheja from Sun-Time Solutions. We are a telemarketing solution provider that works towards helping companies like yours to minimize the costs and maximize the profit.”
3. Sell the result
• Instead of talking endlessly about the product, tell them about the benefits of the product. This helps in letting them know more about the business value of what you are offering.
• Give them the key indicators like low operations cost, increased efficiency, a proper conversion rate etc. Adding few business drivers makes the call more impactful and chances of sales are higher.
4. Listen to the client
• It is imperative to think like the prospectus. This can be possible only if you listen to them thoroughly and keep looking for their ‘hot buttons.’
• This helps you in knowing more about the customer and hence you can talk to them in a friendlier manner.
5. Earn the Right
• Before asking for a sale, the caller has to earn the right to ask to close the deal. Attempts to earn must begin right from the first interaction. Efforts are made by engaging the customer, overcoming any sort of objections and doing a thorough follow-up.
• It is imperative to gain customer trust. Demonstrate positive intent and focus on the patron and his needs.
6. Concentrate on the Customer
• Usually, a lot of things happen simultaneously in a call-center. As a result, the place is frenzied and the agent can easily lose his focus.
• It is essential that as a caller you pay close attention to every minute detail of the buyer. This includes both their verbal as well as non-verbal communication. Many a times, the tone of the voice is a giveaway of the mood.
• Do not let any distractions, including your own talking, come in the way of their responses.
7. Be creative
• Everybody loves animated conversations. Instead of taking the regular route and making it a routine marketing call, make the clients feel unique.
• Also, share success stories of other customers. Tell them how a previous patron faced challenges in his company and how the product helped them to overcome all the obstacles. This keeps them engaged and understand the service better.
8. Let the buyer speak
• The sale rep can get carried away in the call. In the possibility of winning a deal, they tend to forget to listen to the patrons. In such excitement, there are chances that you might miss minute issues which can block the agreement.
• Allow the consumers to speak out all their concerns. Resist the temptation to talk and give them the first chance. Use long pauses where needed to encourage them to express and participate in the conversation.
9. Take notes
• With multiple calls, there are high chances that the executives can often mix up. Hence, it is important that you make adequate notes while on call. This will help in reviewing every detail while going for a follow-up. This shall also help you in rectifying your own mistakes in future.
10. Take it slow
• The callers are often persuaded to give out all the details about the product in one go. This can prove disastrous for cracking the deal. Instead, it is important to take one step at a time. First build a level of confidence in them, gather information about their choices and then begin talking about how the merchandise can help in doing wonders.
11. Attempt for a deal every time
• Every call is a step closer towards the potential customer. Hence, each call must be given its due importance. Thus, make a thorough plan on how to initiate the buying cycle and allow the customer to decide if the deal makes a positive change in his business.
12. Avoid Overselling
• While it is true that you have to be enthusiastic while talking to the buyers, it is also a fact that over enthusiasm can spoil the deal. In an attempt to impress the buyer do not push more than what is required. Instead, look at their viewpoint and make an analysis on how their company can improve with your product.
• Give only relevant data. Unnecessary information or overload of facts can make the client uncomfortable.
13. Keep in touch
• Use multiple mediums to stay in contact with the client. After the initial call, send them an automated follow-up email which states all the information of the interaction that you had. Drop a message or mail again if you find a product that suits their requirements. Send them e-mails about new trends in the industry. In this way, the bond can be relished without repetitive sales calls.
14. Make the connection
• It is necessary that as a caller you explain how the deal can be of a great value to his organization. A connection between the offering and their requirement is a must. Only then will it spark an interest in the buyer. Hold them in a discussion and know more about them and their needs. Show them how previous patrons have benefited from your services.
15. Ask questions
• It is important to probe. Asking questions allows you to know more about the purchaser and also keeps them involved in the conversation. Inquiring also helps you spend more time with the patron and gives you a better chance of closure.
• Example: Mrs. Senhil is looking for medical insurance. Ask her questions like, if she has any ailment? What are her eating habits? Is she a BP or sugar patient etc?
16. Have a follow-up solution
• Have an automated follow-up outbound software. This helps the callers to keep track of leads and manage the data through centralized storage. The automatic feature reminds the caller to check upon the customer, thus increasing chances of sales.
17. Have definite response
• A vague response from the buyer clearly indicates his disinterest in the purchase. Hence, it is better to avoid responses like ‘Let’s do it some other day.’ If the purchaser asks you to call him back fix a proper appointment like ‘I hope Thursday afternoon shall work for you.’ An appointment that has a definite time period attached shows the commitment and interest level of the consumer.
18. Look out for buying signs
• Purchasers who are genuinely interested in sealing the deal start giving signals that indicate their interest. The task of convincing becomes easier if you identify these signs. Some of them are like the following:
• Varied probing questions
• Investing a lot of time on call knowing more about the product
• Constant enthusiasm and actively participating in the interaction
• Asking for opinions and feedbacks from other regulars
19. Talk about objections
• If the purchaser has inhibitions about using the service, ask him as to why he thinks that way. Do not pressurize the buyer with repeated and staunch pitches. These can jeopardize the deal. Instead, work with them over the concerns that they have with the services.
• Example: The patron says I do not have enough money to purchase the solution. Tell them that both of you can work together to find a resolution to the issue. Introduce options like loan, credit facility, EMI that can help them ease the problem.
20. Use Closed-questions
• As soon as you identify the buying signal, slowly lead your client into the sale process. During this course, keep asking close-ended questions. Usually, this tactic helps in closing the deal. Close-ended questions help in getting definite responses from the buyers.
• Example: If the buyer has a query about the dispatch date of the product, ask when he wants it. Do not give out a specific date or time about which you are not sure. After his answer, tell him that you shall try your best to work it around that time.
These few basic tips can help you to close your lead as a sale. However, the most important thing to remember while talking to the clientele is to build a healthy rapport, engage them and make them relaxed. Other things will eventually follow.
Ms. Anna runs Basel Contact Center (BCC) that provides agent services in various fields with a special focus in promoting investment policies. BCC has been functioning since 2013 and has been a favorite for call servicing.
• BCC has been growing multifold. While major contact centers are troubled because of insufficient lead information, BCC has a wide database on potential customers. It has information from various mediums like advertisements, vendors, social media as well as directories.
• While the number of leads was growing tremendously, the company could not successfully translate them into sales. As a result, they were losing business despite having major resources. After thorough research, Ms. Anna came to a conclusion that the issue was related to the way the callers behaved during the call.
• She realized that many agents could not carry the call for more than 90 seconds. Also, many of them seemed distracted and hence could not give their 100 percent to the customers. As a result, she decided to train the employees with basic qualities that are required by them while interacting with the potential buyers.
In order to increase the selling ratio, the company decided to invest more in providing coaching facilities to the callers so that they can be trained to perform better while on a call.
• Step 1: Technical knowledge about the product was imparted. As a result, they came to know about the major FAQ’s that are asked by the client. They were thus competent in answering all the queries of the customers.
• Step 2: The executives were taught to use a friendly approach while dealing with the customers. They were told to be patient otherwise it would have a negative impact on the image of the organization.
• Step 3: They were also made to study the target audience. As a result, they can communicate confidently and in an effective manner.
• Step 4: The callers were advised to engage the clients in the conversation, instead of making it one-sided. They were asked to keep the purchasers involved in the conversation by asking questions and taking their feedback. This kept the clientele interested and also increased comfort between both the parties.
• Step 5: The Company also decided to arrange rapid training sessions in the future so that the executives can brush up their skills from time to time. Apart from this, the admin also planned to provide incentives to the star performer in order to keep them motivated.
• The company used a sophisticated outbound technology that had features like call recording and live reports through which they could make out how the caller was performing. These better supervision facilities enabled them to identify the unproductive workers and they could concentrate better on them.
• Within a few weeks of training the workers, the entire workforce showed tremendous improvement. The conversion rate of major employees also increased. The company could see a constant rise in the number of deals that happened. Profitability and effectiveness also increased.
The main objective of telemarketing is to bring in customers. It is vital that the agents are equipped with the finest possible technology that can help them in achieving higher sales. A sophisticated outbound calling software makes the job of attracting the potential clients a lot easier.
The best telemarketing software for you can be an important tool to win the sales battle. What do you think? Do drop in your comments to tell us your opinion.