For newcomers to the field interested in running and maintaining a call center business it can be difficult to find the best call center software for small business that will suit your needs. In fact, some of the leading companies have the same problem, too.
However, with the recent flow of software solutions that are present in the market, with time and effort, the perfect one can be found.
So, what is to be one when the right software solution is found? Implementing it into the team should be your priority number one.
In this section, we will discuss how the implementation of the best call center software can help your company to help your customers.
To successfully run your call center business, there is a need not just for best software solutions but also for an efficient call routing system.
It is an essential and indisputable part of the contact center and improving it can greatly increase customer satisfaction and provide them with excellent customer experience along with fast problem solving which will make them want to contact you again.
Doing it poorly, can be detrimental and can lead to poor quality service, customer frustration and a loss of loyal customers.
Many businesses have failed because there is a lack of proper call routing systems in place that just do not live up to the standards that the customers have set up for them in this day and age, which can be due to the lack of adequate knowledge about call center software pricing that makes them think that the call routing systems can be overly expensive.
Think about the last time you needed customer support and the responses from inept agents that you were routed to that hit your nerve. Many businesses on the other hand do not understand the potentiality of call routing, the ease of setting it up and its deployment and the benefits that can come from it.
Fortunately, however, with the help of call center software solutions, it can be easily set up and simple enough to route your customers to the right representatives and agents who can help them without them feeling dissatisfied with the service.
It can also improve the company’s lead to close rates and improve customer satisfaction level. Here are some tips that you can follow to improve your call routing and help your customer and provide them with resolutions:
1. Provide your customers the freedom to choose the representatives they wish to speak to instead of providing them with a fixed agent who will fail to understand their issue.
If the agent the customer prefers is already on line with someone else, or that he or she has a customer queue forming, react accordingly and defer to an agent who can at least match your customers’ needs.
If manageable, provide a PIN for your customer so that they can be directly routed to the team the customer specifically requested for.
2. Pay close attention to the origins, the language, the gender carefully, as they can help with the type of solutions exactly needed, while at the same time allowing you to defer them to someone who knows the origins of the customer well enough to make them feel comfortable.
Some cloud call center software solutions provide advanced technology that will play a short message to inform the agents handling the call about the origin of the customer so that they can be prepared to converse in the language they are most comfortable with.
This will help the customer to relate with the agent and come back to solve other issues that may or may not arise.
3. Implementing a color coding system can be helpful in letting agents and representatives know what they should respond, how they should respond and how to deal with any dissatisfaction of the customer that might present them with.
Using a color coding technology can also help the agents dealing with the situation to process the information faster, better and smoother than by simply reading message that they just might miss in the influx of other messages.
4. Along with a color coding technology, with the help of call center solutions comparison, you can also use software solutions to provide caller IDs for instant recognition that will detect the importance of callers and help the agents to react to it through proper prioritization.
This can be used both ways. Applying negative routing of calls can help you pack the spam callers to a voicemail to manage them better.
5. You can use advanced self-service options that will test the skill levels of your agents and help them deal with callers quicker.
By asking your customers to input their details such as their user id and account number, your software solutions can use it to create an intelligent data base within the CRM system that can identify the customers who then can be routed to the efficient agents who will have the customer data at hand from before.
Customers who are valued highly within the company can be given a VIP access and taken care of by specialists who are expert on the topic.
6. A very smart way to make your customers feel less frustrated when the inevitable act of waiting and holding happens is to interest them with various offers and policies that can be repeated to them while they are on the line.
These targeted marketing advertisements can essentially catch two birds with once with appropriate selling of new and valuable products based on customer’s preference and ensuring that the customer does not hang up out of the lack of patience.
Data reports have shown that customers who have been played with such marketing messages have a greater chance of purchasing the products presented to them.
7. You can easily install a wallboard technology and make it work along with the call routing application that will provide you with a real time data collection and view of your call center environment, hence making you keep exact tabs on the amount of calls you get every minute.
Call center management software can make it such, that there is an expected waiting time before the call from a particular customer can be answered and the agents handling the call can even view the live queue of the customers that needs to be handled by them.
This helps the agents keep a track of the services they provide and if they drop down to unacceptable levels other agents can be requested to handle the customers to balance the service levels that is necessary to meet the goals.
8. If, by any chance, the customer queue reaches a capacity that’s designated to it, the company should be able to provide the customer a call-back feature, which is a great way for customers to do other things without holding on to the phone for a reply.
An excellent call center customer support will offer both a ‘virtual placeholder’ as well as a timeslot that will look after their convenience first, along with the option for an alternative phone number for added comfort and reliability.
This can help the customers rest easy and be assured that the customer support is looking into their problems while they are away from their phones.
9. Before even beginning to use call routing features, the agents must be well prepared to understand why the call is being made, what is required by the customers, what they, as customer support, can do to help they customers and resolves their problems, and what information they must let the customer have in their possession.
Understanding this can be crucial to the success of your company and make your customers less frustrated due to inept agents.
10. We live in a digital world and hence our needs are mostly digitized, with everybody being online and feeling the need to stay connected to the internet for all sorts of connections and resolution.
To deal with this, Omni-channel routing must be adopted by companies who wish to stay on top of their game, which works to bring together a lot of methods to contact the company, including voice mails, texting, emails, social media, messaging and web chat.
Contacting your customers can be as easy as tweeting them, then emailing them and with their permission, a phone call to understand their problems to make customer support easier than ever.
11. It is helpful to have your IVR configured for achieving skills-based routing so that your callers can be greeted by an agent with skills that match the needs of the customers in the quickest time possible.
To actually get this done, your call center software solutions can configure options in the IVR to provide different numbers for various products or services that will help you to route the calls to professional agents quite easily.
It is a very handy solution to clean up the mess and overload of customers and prevent the overflow of the queue.
12. Call centers nowadays handle more than one channels, or multichannel conversations, which in turn means that the agents have to refer to several systems and processes and go through more services to complete one single activity.
Customers, on the other hand, completely lack this knowledge and even if they do, they don’t have the time to worry about that, for they want personal, fast, well informed services that will help them solve their problems in a jiffy.
So ensuing that your agents can stay on top of messy IT things by cleaning up desktops to integrate all that they need in one screen alone can help them with successful resolution of their problems.
13. Regular review of your ‘call reason’, reporting revaluating the offers and self-service available to customers are good ways to keep your company on the toes for newer, better systems that will offer even more variants to the customers than before.
Once these reviews are essentially taken care off, routing options can deliver faster without the intervention of a representatives or agents, which takes the additional stress off your employees.
However, it must be remembered that the right transactions must be used if you want your customers to make use of these helpful services.
14. Since you are running a call center business, your job is to keep your customer satisfied with the quality of services provided to them and the time within which their needs are met.
Along with marketing messages mentioned earlier, a customer queue time instead of a customer queue position can be provided to the customer.
This can be done to give the customer an idea about the size of the call center and how long will it take them to solve their problems.
The Case Study:
To understand the importance of call routing and the problems and benefits that come with it, a comprehensive study must be done.
It is important to be armed with the knowledge about proper call routing methods to increase the overall revenue of the company by providing excellent customer support.
We have prepared a case study by taking a look at all the aspects of call routing to provide proper information related to it.
The company solutions that we have analyzed is Cisco, who have been avoiding at least 4 million dollar worth of costs annually for long distance voice calls, which they have been achieving through changes to local and regional call routing in selected countries.
Cisco handles a massive amount of voice calls, both long distance and in country, which also includes international calls, made by more than sixty-five thousand employees that are required to communicate with each other.
Due to the increased efforts of the company for reduction of expenses because of the global recession, the Cisco team looked for ways to hold more cost savings, especially where long distance calls are concerned.
Before the 2009 Global Recession, the company used to have only about 15 percent of long distance calls on their network from origin to destination. However, they wanted to identify the best places for implementation of tail-end hop off or TEHO and have it deployed extensively within Cisco.
The team’s goals were to:
1. Examine comprehensive examination of all of Cisco’s long distance, international calls, including call volumes and its traffic patterns.
2. Research and identify more locations that can be used for implementation of the TEHO and other cost saving routing designs.
3. Using intelligent databases to place TEHO in places where it will be most effective.
4. Tracking of long distance calls to check out the actual costs that can be avoided because of call routing changes.
Basically TEHO extends the concept least cost routing designs, which can be used for the networking of data to voice calls, based on intelligent routing technology in CUCM or Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco IOS® Gatekeeper.
The Cisco team recognized the new potential sites for implementing TEHO by first examination of the locations with high international call volumes and costs, with the help of data collected from service provider invoice and CRDs or call records.
The team followed the following steps for:
1. Determining if TEHO can be permitted under the local regulations and whether it can identify any regulatory restrictions and issues.
2. Assessing the current complete capacity and the impact projected on the site’s (which is being studied) WAN bandwidth and PSTN voice trunks.
3. Identification of any impact that has taken place for operational support for the site that is being studied.
4. Establishing a baseline to track the utilization of bandwidth and collect data of calling costs before the implementation of TEHO and after its usage.
5. Creation of a new route that will be least costing within affected CUCM throughout the world.
After the implementation of TEHO, several changes were noticed which helped the company to handle their customers effectively.
There is no need to debate on whether call routing can actually affect your services of not, for it is absolutely essential to run a successful call center business.
It will provide your customers a unique experience where their solutions are matched with their needs and seems satisfactory enough.
It is important to have professionals and experts at their experts of you truly believe that customer satisfaction is the number one priority for your company.
Case study link: