It’s nearly two decades into the New Millennium, and companies need to continue to step up their game, employ excellent people, use best available systems, infrastructure, and technology, gear up with the best call center software available in the market, and look ahead into the future, which is fast, unforgiving, and ever changing. The best companies are those companies that have complete control over the entire customer experience.
The companies that understand the flow of the marketplace usually know a lot about how to tailor their services. They are the ones who can quickly determine the nature of the market and constantly evolve to meet the customer demand with the use of best modern technology such as the most suited call center software.
The secret to success around managing these new challenges is not just relying on technology including, say, the call center management software but also to predict them to the point that the complexity of these trends are completely minimized or mitigated.
This, in simpler terms, means getting ahead of the curve and not being just a leader who is prone to thinking, but also a leader who is a ‘do-er’. Those leaders and companies who will move quickly will increase their chances of growth, success, and survival in the market. Simply put, those who anticipate the trends beforehand and are proactive to that cause will not fail to thrive.
Those leaders and companies who will move quickly will increase their chances of growth, success, and survival in the market. Simply put, those who anticipate the trends beforehand and are proactive to that cause will not fail to thrive.
Since customer expectations are changing rapidly, as rapid as the advances in technology it seems, it is the goal of companies to enhance the customer experience in the year 2017. Here, I will present to you a list of trends that are
Here, I will present to you a list of trends that are surely to be noticed in the year 2017.
1. They must be ready to lean heavily on studying the metrics and data through call center software solutions in order to drive productive growth in the year 2017, and secondly, they must quickly learn on how to dissect and share the dissected data better across each and every channel of their company to improve the customer experience significantly.
2. As of now, it has been seen that mass adoption of virtual assistants has been quite slow to transpire in terms of practice. Virtual assistants have always been marketed as a consumer application alone, where a human being of any stature, gender etc can engage easily in a two-way communication within a personal device and its artificial intelligence. In 2017, this is expected to change, and change in a big way.
3. In the call center, most of the speech recognition software has been used till date to handle incoming customer calls This is important to note that with the advent of AIs for common people, this feature will be used quite often.
4. This year, the customer service needs to be around the clock. In order for a company to provide their customers consistent, timely support, chatbots are going to emerge as a useful alternative in order to satisfy customer expectations, while at the same time preventing agent burnout in the company.
5. With chatbots getting bigger and better, the consumers can access a lot of things, such as flight data, redeem rewards, even find answers to questions, receive offers, and so much more.
Hence you can see how chat boxes are going to be all important in the year 2017.
6. Most customers today don’t want to waste time and energy navigating complex IVRs and websites to complete their need to connect to an agent over a simple query. Therefore, including easily accessible online FAQs, mobile phone app, and web-based self-service options is an important trend to be followed.
7. In 2017, it has been estimated that mobile search will generate 27.8 billion more queries than desktop search. Therefore, it is important to design a lot of products based around mobile phones in the year 2017 for better customer support.
8. Another trend that is to watch for this year in 2107 is the expansion of the usage of hybrid cloud models with a variety of multi-tenant back-end.
This will allow companies to bring on with their various cloud partners & cloud call center software solutions to reach customers through a variety of different avenues and have a better customer support overall.
9. In 2017, it is unthinkable to have a call center architecture that will be inflexible and not versatile to a point. It is extremely important to make sure that your call center is ready to embrace a solution that is not only adaptable and quite secure, but it also provides access to quality applications.
Hiring a software after call center software comparison is the best way to go.
10. 2017 is going to be a transformative year in many ways but the business-consumer relationship will be the one that will change the most. Now, we are in the age of the intimate interactive customer relationship. Those are relationships that are built over time, and they are based on a meaningful two-way communication between the company and the customer.
11. Messaging is the most preferred way of communication method for people to talk to each other. They are short and to-the-point that respect the consumer’s time, and therefore usage of this feature will become an important trend this year.
12. Amidst all the excitement that lies around millennials, undoubtedly the biggest money spenders, it is very much important that companies do not lose sight of the buying power of the matured consumers. This year, concentrating on other age groups is surely to become a trend.
13. It is important to make sure that the fundamentals of the company are correct and up to date. Call center software pricing and the software program itself should be updated, and the basics of the call center requirements are obeyed.
The Case Study
Of course, you and I both know that knowing about the trends alone is not enough to make things work in a smooth fashion in a call center business. In a business, you have to take some risks and know when to stop taking risks, and this cannot be possible just by knowing about the trends alone.
In a business, you have to take some risks and know when to stop taking risks, and this cannot be possible just by knowing about the trends alone.
In order to truly understand these trends that I have provided above, you must be prepared to understand what exactly works for a company and what does not. Be assured that it is impossible for a company to follow all the trends. Instead, you should be working towards making a company that sets these trends.
Be assured that it is impossible for a company to follow all the trends. Instead, you should be working towards making a company that sets these trends.
In order to do this, I will provide you with a sample case study, taken from a real life company. To maintain the anonymity of the company, I shall call it XYZ Company.
It is a well- known company, experts in the cell phone industry. Their top team of experts has come up with a game plan that will be effective in 2017, keeping up with the new trends.
In this case study, we will be studying about the problem scenarios that already existed within the company, the challenges they faced due to this problem scenario, the solutions they intended to take in the year 2017 in keeping up with the rising trends, and the results that the company expect to see this business year.
The Problem Scenario
Obviously, being a company that deals with cell phones, the competition is tough, and the problems are numerous. There are several companies waiting to take over every single year, with newer brands emerging, as cell phones become the essential necessity of life, day by day.
One of the top problems that they had in the year 2016 was that compared to its competitor, the virtual assistant, a new feature that hasn’t been experimented much on as of now, was weaker. They released several patches to improve the existing virtual assistant, but the majority of them failed to improve. Instead, one of the patches backfired, flooding their call center with angry customers.
They released several patches to improve the existing virtual assistant, but the majority of them failed to improve. Instead, one of the patches backfired, flooding their call center with angry customers.
The problem was that users had difficulty in accessing the virtual assistant. And in the very few cases that they did, the cell phone itself bricked completely, rendering it unusable totally. Customers were angry, and therefore, they demanded an answer from the company. The number of customers took a hit, and sales dropped, all because of a faulty and buggy patch to set up a new virtual assistant.
Customers were angry, and therefore, they demanded an answer from the company. The number of customers took a hit, and sales dropped, all because of a faulty and buggy patch to set up a new virtual assistant.
With the new influx of customers at the call center, the agents began to stress out, and performance, where customer experience was concerned, dropped significantly. It was then that the company leaders began to dig deeper in order to reform the company basics completely.
The challenges that the company faced were several, but here, in this short space to deliver as much information as needed, I will talk about the most important challenges that the company faced throughout the year.
The challenges are:
1. They went back to the drawing board and found out that the problem lay not only with the agents of the call center but with the fundamentals of the company itself. The company was too slow to react to the changes, and this could not be allowed to continue.
2. They needed to change their attitudes of dealing with the customer that come from the different age group. Obviously, the agents who were used to talking to millennials also needed enough experience in handling seniors and the younger age group. Learning to speak in various demographic lingos was a necessity.
3. There was the very little option for self- service. This was detrimental and added to customer experience woes. Customer prefers freedom to choose where complaints & suggestions as concerned, & every client was different.
4. They placed a new and updated system to track metrics and data for better analysis and journey mapping. This was important to have within the company and with the agents, because technology changes every few months, if not weeks, and it was important to stay updated as much as possible, regardless of the cost it incurs.
The solutions that they came up with in reference to the new trends in 2017 took a lot of trial and error. Here, I will provide you with a list that they finalized upon at the end of 2016.
1. They decided to be more attentive while following the rapid change of trends and vowed not to get caught up with the trends. Their top employees were told to experiment as much as possible but stick to the basics of the company so as not to complete break down in every form of structure within the company.
2. They decided to provide their agents with lots of training and testing. New interns were also required to undergo such training, and they employed audio clues from successful transactions between the agents and the customers.
3. They changed their domain website and included plenty of options for customers to choose from. Self- service was promoted both within the company employees as well as the customers. This was a trend they continued to observe and expand.
4. They changed the existing software and implemented a better system that would help them track the metrics and data for the next few months appropriately. This was immediately done to see the best possible results.
The results that the company predicted based on the above solutions were several and mostly good. They determined that with these changes the agents would be better prepared to handle the sudden influxes from a variety of people in a better way without fumbling or anything embarrassing.
They also predicted that with the newer self-service options the customers will solve their own problems without having to deal with long calling queues as such. Hence their entire experience would also be smoother and quicker, saving the company lots of revenue at the same time.
Trends come and go, but a company must be well versed with them if they want to stay ahead in the competition. They must be attentive & fast moving, for fast moving companies often stay ahead of their counterparts.
So, for many companies in 2017, especially those companies that has traditionally lagged behind in terms of innovation, such as the call center business this year, will be about knowing the exploitation of core competencies, carefully mastering the fundamentals and making the smaller improvements that will greatly benefit customer experiences in many ways.