A Telemarketing software is the best tool for telemarketing campaigns. The telemarketing campaign is the direct approach to the consumers via communication through phones for selling products and services. The person who communicates with the consumers on a phone is known as the telemarketing agent and he is responsible for achieving the objective of the telemarketing campaign e.g. lead generation, which can convert the lead into sales in a short span of time.
However, only a proficient telemarketing agent is not enough to achieve your goals. There are some other important equipment and tools that are needed to achieve success in your telecalling.
Benefits of Telemarketing Software
• Telemarketing software is a special platform that is created for serving the outbound call center operations with various characteristics.
• It is usually available both on-premise and on the cloud.
• With the help of the telesales software, it is very easy and convenient to start outbound calling and selling your products within a very short period.
• Regardless of where you are based, using the cloud- based telemarketing software can help you reach out to consumers from different parts of the world in a moment.
• One of the best features of any cloud-based software is that it does not require your staff to have special skills to use the software and a basic brief is enough for everyone to start operating it.
Properties and Features of Telemarketing Software
There are different types of software available for the purpose of telemarketing. They are all flexible and come loaded with several interesting and convenient features. Some of the features of this software are:
• Outbound telemarketing calls
• Call logs, call history and reports
• CRM linked to the telemarketing software
• Worldwide access from the cloud-based system
• Option for usage through a mobile phone (increase flexibility and convenience of operations)
• Voice mail
• Call recording (preferably through Live access)
• Call queue
• Employee extensions
The software also has a linked in CRM platform that is convenient and easy to use so that you can monitor the prospects through till closure. Some wonderful features that you can avail from the telesales CRM include:
• A single click for making calls from the CRM platform
• Agent management for the higher authorities
• Complete prior information about the client before the call is placed
• Creation of new lead during the calling process (through referrals)
• Call rescheduling based on priority and remarks made
• Email marketing and invoicing
You can use several collaboration tools along with the telemarketing tool to make your task easier and convenient. Some of the features that you can expect from the telemarketing collaboration tool include:
- Document management
- Employee chat
- Video conferencing
- Quotes and invoices
- HR and workforce management
In addition to the telemarketing software, many other factors go toward ensuring success for your telemarketing campaign.
The other important factors can be concluded from the following case studies given below:
Case study 1
Problem: A telemarketing company that specialized in B2B lead generations, customer surveys, email marketing, periodical renewal and appointment settings was struggling to grow the business competing with the larger companies. The company could not manage to track or monitor calls and did not have the ability to handle daily operations.
Using excel sheets and landlines was just not cutting it. Lack of call record left the clients unsatisfied and the company with the threat of facing a lawsuit. There were often misdialed numbers resulting in wasted time and manual report making was time-consuming as well.
Action: The telemarketing company took action by getting a telemarketing software. The company started growing its business with new clients coming on board and the rate of hiring employee increased as well. The recording of calls meant client satisfaction and the recordings meant proofs against any lawsuits.
The preview dialing features let the calling agents know about the prospects before they made calls, making them more efficient in making sales. The auto-dialing feature meant that there is no wasted time in finding new leads and thus the productivity and efficiency of each calling agent increased quite effectively. Providing training to agents is easier with call monitoring and the automated report generation feature ensures that the company can track the progress in continuation. The calling agents also know how to convey a sales pitch effectively with the help of the customized scripts feature of the telemarketing software system.
Result: With all these amazing features of the telemarketing software system, there was a noticeable increase in revenue and the company became a name amongst the large companies; all this by just changing one simple thing i.e. getting a good telemarketing software system.
Case study 2
Problem: A leading enterprise-level and mid-market company was looking for a powerful yet simple solution that focused on cold calling for its lead generation as well as appointment setting needs. The company specialized in creating comprehensive campaigns to reduce cost per sales as well as increase revenue for their clients and hence needed an automated software that would be able to streamline all its operations.
Most CRM software were not focused on increasing agent productivity, and unnecessary features made the process even more complicated.
Action: All the above problems were solved when the company got a cloud-based telemarketing software with customized CRM solution. The calls per hour increased and so did the productivity of each calling agent. There was almost no to no dead time between lead generation and calls. With the automatic dialing system, there is no chance of misdialed numbers and call tracking, monitoring as well as recording which meant satisfied clients.
No time is wasted in searching for leads even within the huge client database available, since the telemarketing software allowed filters for the management to set a demographic and leads would automatically appear based on the selected criteria. The ready information on prospects meant that the agents could give sales pitches that appealed to an individual prospect.
With the telemarketing software cloud system, there was no need for installation or maintenance either and the company could use the software without any technical difficulties or training. This meant that the newly hired calling agents and sales representatives could start calling right away without having to spend huge amounts of money or time for training.
Result: The telemarketing CRM software with its call routing, call monitoring, tracking, autodialing, lead generation, database and report creation features has helped the company find a solution that is focused heavily on cold calling.
Case study 3
Problem: Sales through cold calls almost came to a standstill at a telemarketing-based company since the management had almost no control over the general flow of the leads to the cold calling team and routing them in an organized list-based manner. The sales representatives and the cold calling agents chose the leads while scrolling through the list. It meant that valuable leads were lost, ignored, or even fell out of the system.
The company needed an automated system that would be able to queue, manage and route the leads effectively amongst the sales representatives as well as the cold-calling agents such that each prospect is contacted.
Action: The company had a telemarketing software system installed to ensure proper flow of the leads generated, cold calling and sales amongst the team in a smooth hassle free way.
The automated queuing, dialing and lead generating feature of the telemarketing software ensured equitable distribution of prospects based on needs and interests and not a single contact was missed. After a call ended, it would be automatically queued at the respective department for further advancement based on the output.
With the email template, it was easy to send customized emails to prospects after a call, without having to spend much time deciding on the right words to write. The emails can be preapproved for different sets of customers, features to be highlighted etc. such that there are no mistakes whatsoever, and, with just a few clicks of the mouse, a calling agent or a sales representative can send the correct mail to the correct recipient.
Result: The telemarketing CRM software saved the company a huge amount of money since each agent became more productive and the need to hire more employees reduced considerably.
The above three case studies clearly show the many benefits of utilizing the best telemarketing software in India, with regards to improving the performance of a company, including increasing productivity and revenue.
How to Measure ROI on Telecalling with Telemarketing Software?
If you want to measure the Return of Investment, abbreviated as the popular “ROI”, on the telecalling feature of your call center it is important to learn the importance of using good telemarketing software that will greatly benefit your company and make your agents more efficient.
Telemarketing can be defined as the process to use the telephones for marketing the products and services of the company to the customers through agents skilled in communicating and the art of selling. These agents are referred to as telemarketers. They do not interact with the customers face to face.
A call center business, regardless of the size, will be dependent on its agents to sell their services and products. It is therefore, extremely important to go through the list of software available in the market to suit the needs of the company and then choose the best telemarketing software to see the positive results.
Therefore, telemarketing is a great way to make sure that sufficient income is being generated. Telemarketing software, if used correctly, can help your company measure the return of investment quite easily.
ROI is one of the major primary metrics that call center companies based on telecommunications use for the measurement of the real performance in a telemarketing program. Therefore, it is important to identify how your company recognizes the revenue dedicated to this section.
Given below are the list of features that telemarketing software is adept at providing, to make sure you know exactly what is going on in your call center business.
1. It will help you find a way to forecast the amount of revenue that can be obtained the moment the software generates possible leads for the agents to trace. It can be useful to make specific moves for your agents to follow later on.
2. It will look over at the non-sale campaign ROI over a longer course of time by generally following the exact percentage of the leads and the average order size.
3. For telemarketing software providing outbound features, it can assign unique identifier for every call that is being made, to make sure that all the orders that are processed are coded with that identifier. This will make tracking easier.
4. It will make it easier to create and run constant reports for revenues, as well as for expenses that are associated with various telemarketing initiatives, making it easier for you to track the ROI.
5. To make the process even easier, a finest telecalling software can blend the two lists mentioned above for better dialing efficiencies and therefore make it easier for the agents to pop scripts and offers that are based on this campaign ID that is assigned to every call record.
6. Telemarketing software solutions can also track disposition codes and track the time spent on every campaign, successful or otherwise, based in the data records alone. This is going to not only boost efficiency but also help you understand the ROI or the various outbound services.
7. Call centers & Call Center Software is all about cutting down the idle time of an agent, therefore telemarketing software should come with new capabilities, such as inbound routing in a call center, delivering of calls to the agent with the right skill check and so on.
8. As the owner of a call center business, customer satisfaction should be your priority, telemarketing software will determine the trends in the market using the call history so the right type of marketing is provided at all times.
9. A telemarketing software helps in determining customer preference. This means that it adds more personalization in the customer’s choices, so that agents can always advertise the customers what they want to hear. This can then be turned into a successful sales experience.
10. Each customer is valuable for the company, as they are the ones who keep the business in shape. Therefore, their feedback, whether positive or negative, is extremely important from an ROI standpoint.
11. Telemarketing software should be able to determine whether the customer is in the ROI circle or not. This will in turn help the agent determine how much effort he needs to put in to save the customer relationship, or let the customer drop.
12. Collaboration with a telemarketing software is going to make the software stronger. Therefore, this is a great way to strengthen and determine the segmentation of customer based on the departments that are being collaborated with.
13. A telemarketing agent can help you in determining the company’s objectives and present them to the executives before they start working, so they have a clear idea.
14. Telemarketing software can be tweaked to identify the CRM capabilities that will improve the efficiency and the overall performance of the company. It will help in identifying what software are necessary and what can be ignored.
15. Telemarketing software can help you monitor the calls that your agents attend to. It can also help you in guiding the calls, so that the less experienced agent can work under your guidance and have a successful sale.
16. Using proper telemarketing software, you can determine the ‘touches’ that you will have throughout with your customers from start to finish. It will help you create newer customers, and therefore make it easier to trace ROI.
17. It can help you determine whether you should follow up with a customer or not, and if you do follow up, what should be the frequency of those follow ups.
18. If you want to see substantial growth of ROI in your company, you should be able to put in quality over quantity.
19. The software will help you optimize your program mix and help you select software to increase the sales and profit.
20. It can be available both on the cloud as well as on premise, which means its more flexible.
To summarize, it is absolutely essential to track your ROI, which is a pivotal component in the call center business.
To do this, you must determine your goals and calculate your way to success.
Want to Be Amazing at Telemarketing? Here’s How
If you wish to have a good telemarketing campaign, you cannot ignore the importance of the various types of telemarketing software that are available in the market.
A telemarketing agent is a trained employee who will be responsible for selling the products or services of the company using the phone. They may be working from home, or from respective offices. To be a telemarketer, the agent should be skilled in promoting and marketing the products. As they never meet the customers face to face, it’s their skill in exchange of ideas via conversation that counts.
There are several things that go into building a successful telemarketing business, however. Your agents who should be experts at the marketing part of this business must be armed with the correct type of software and tools. Only then will they be able to convert the leads into sales.
Therefore, to help your telemarketing agents assist your company, I will present to you twenty tips that will greatly benefit your company.
The top twenty tips for being the very best at telemarketing are:
1. Choosing the right type of telemarketing software is very important. It will not only make the job easier but will also serve the outbound call center operations in a better manner.
2. The software that is being chosen should be available both on the premises as well as in the cloud. This is because there should not be any loss of information on behalf of the agents who are working from different places.
3. The best telemarketing software has features which will let the software run on its own. It will not require manual help. It will upgrade on its own, therefore it will be more accurate and cost effective.
4. With a software that can expand its geographical range, connecting to a larger number of people who can become potential customers becomes a possibility. So definitely look for a software that has this important feature.
5. The software should be easy to use and handle. It should be fast and efficient and leave no room for disturbances while the agents are doing their jobs. It should be simple but packed with features, therefore making sure that anyone and everyone can operate it.
6. The software features that you should look for when it comes to telemarketing is whether it has provisions for call recording, call history keeping, and for the generation of reports based on those. It is important for the agent to be aware of the customer preferences, and customer information before they actually decide to call them up.
7. Of course, no software is complete without the inclusion of a linked CRM system. This will make sure that all the inputs are being correctly logged in so that customer reaction to the business is available at all the times.
8. The telemarketing software that you should use must be flexible in terms of usage. The software should adapt the agent’s usage of it, to make sure that there is a convenience of operations within the system.
9. Along with phone calls, the option of voice mail can be considered. Very often, interested or potential customers remain busy. In these cases, a phone call is not possible by the agent. However, with voice mails, the agent can leave a note on the phone.
10. You should focus on the removal of call queues. Call queues often deter customers because they may not have the time and patience to hold on to the call. To avoid call queues, the software should be sending the calls of VIP customers to the more experienced agents, while the less experienced ones can easily take on the calls from normal customers.
11. Installing a software that comes with the feature of agent management is important. Using this feature, you can regulate the amount of work that your agents put in. It will help you decide on rewards and promotions for your agents.
12. Before calling a customer, your agents should be aware of what are the things that they need to know about that particular customer. Doing research will help the agents bond better to the customer and have the higher chances of selling the products or services.
13. The software should be able to create newer lead based on referrals of the customer during the process of calling itself. It will give your company more chances of exposure.
14. Sometimes it is important to hear customer feedback, step down, and reschedule a call to benefit both the customer and the company. Prioritizing should be practiced on a regular basis to gain maximum benefit.
15. Of course, this is the age of greater connectivity, so it’s not trendy to just resort to phone calls for marketing. Emails and invoicing is a great way to make sure that the customer feels the importance of their purchase for the company.
16. The telemarketing tool must also allow document management. It should not erase all the older documents and instead should work on maintaining them for customer records.
17. For VIP customers, video conferencing is a great idea. Selling and buying is a task that requires certain investment. The problems and queries of such customers can also be handled in a video chat.
18. You should be using a host of other tools along with the telemarketing tools for better and faster performance. For example, implementation of HR and workforce management tools can make sure that those two sections are always kept in sync.
19. Agents should be naturally confident, smart, and well behaved. They should have a sense of humor in them and have proper ethics. They should be able to handle rejection, which is a part of the telemarketing business and not get too stressed out over it.
20. Try training the agents instead of handing them a script that needs to be followed word by word. Customers can detect such a scripted performance and will be put off by it.
It is important to have a positive attitude while engaging in telemarketing business. With the correct tools, it is not impossible to succeed in this particular arena.
What is the difference between B2B Telemarketing and B2C Telemarketing
While outsourcing to any telemarketing company, it is important to understand the key differences between business telemarketing and consumer telemarketing. This is because they will help you in choosing the right sort of telemarketing software to successfully run the campaign.
B2B is the software in the telemarketing field that uses the telephone marketing that will initiate the sales with other businesses. This software is used to market to the decision makers who represent their companies.
On the other hand, B2C type of telemarketing targets customers who want to purchase a product or a service from the company.
If you want your telemarketing business to succeed, it is important to understand that a capable telemarketing agent is not enough to accomplish your goals. To put it simply, there are many things that need to be looked after to succeed, and having the best telemarketing software is only the first step.
To help you understand the key differences between these two types of software, I will put up a list differentiating them:
1. B2B telemarketing looks only after the business through calls that initiate the sales with a different number of businesses in the market. The main job of this software is to present the choice to the decision makers of the company they represent.
On the other hand, B2C telemarketing is used to target the customers on an individual level, when they want to buy a product or when they request a service.
2. As far as relationships are concerned, B2B is more relationship driven between companies. B2C on the other hand deals with customers on a direct, personal level. However, regardless of your location, using software for telemarketing based on the cloud can help you connect with consumers throughout the world within seconds.
3. In B2B, there is a specific channel that handles all the end users and deals with other companies. In B2C, there are no channels. In this form of software, B2B telemarketing has strategies that increases the sales and are not only very clear and precise, but also depends directly upon the sales person. Therefore, training agents in a B2C scheme is important.
4. When you are using telemarketing to deal with other businesses, it is important to remember that B2B’s target market consists of a small pool of businesses. It is, however, focused and simple enough. If a software that deals with telemarketing is directly marketing to consumers, then it can be said that the market for it is vast and included a variety of customers.
5. When it comes to sales cycle, undoubtedly, B2B has a larger cycle, because their contract spans out longer. However, B2C, on the other hand is a great software for telemarketing, because it is a transaction based software. It also involves just a single step of buying and selling, making the process shorter.
6. B2C comprises of emotional purchasing because it deals with people on an individual level who wish to buy from the company. You need to appeal to their marketable taste for a successful purchase. However, B2B investment means the deal between the buyer and seller is rational, hence cutting down the costs of emotional marketing.
7. B2B requires more planning because of the lengthier sales process. Everything that can go wrong in the transaction must be well taken care of before the actual sales. However, B2C is much more relaxed and forgiving.
Since B2B is usually not terminated before its expiration date, it is important to plan it carefully. However, B2C software can be changed and experiment on it could be in an easier manner.
The Case Study
Now that I have shown you the differences between the two types of software, the B2B and B2C, it is time to take a step further in our research.
No research is complete without a case study taken from a real life example, and this is exactly what I going to provide you with. In this case study we will talk about a company called TRW.
TRW is anonymously named and is a call center based company who experimented with both the B2B and the B2C software.
In this case study we will talk about the problem scenario, the challenges and the solutions briefly. We will also talk about the results that was obtained from the solutions.
The Problem Scenario
The call center company TRW is a company that uses both forms of the software you have available for telemarketing. It was handled by two different sections of the company.
In early 2013 they decided to look into why the number of customers were small compared to the great number of sales request that both B2B and B2C gathered. They created a list of challenges that would help them determine the exact cause and what they can do to solve them.
The challenges were several but we will focus on the more important ones for this section:
1. The company had implemented a section that dealt with B2B lead generations along with surveys and marketing. However, they failed to monitor the calls they were getting, therefore losing track of customers.
2. There was a lack of call recording. This meant that the agents lacked any context when an older customer called.
3. The agents using the B2C software were not performing up to the mark, as they failed to bind with the customers in any way, making them one time customers only.
The solutions they managed to come up with are:
1. Choosing the call center solutions that primarily included call monitoring for easy tracking.
2. Call recording was added to help them understand customer needs and demands.
3. The agents were trained properly and scripted responses were thrown away in favor of free creativity on agents’ behalf while dealing with customers.
These changes may look minor but it improved the company’s track record in sales comparatively The customers and the businesses received these changes well and there was a noticeable increase in the revenue too.
These two telemarketing devices could be used either together or selectively, depending on your company style and approach. Most of all, it is important to have a positive attitude when you are engaging in the telemarketing business to achieve success.
What is the Best Way to Get Over the Fear and Procrastination of Making Cold Calls?
Call Reluctance (CR) is an emotional shutdown when the energy to make successful sales via calls is diverted to that of procrastination. It means that instead of making calls for successful sales, the “call reluctant” agents are busy doing other things and avoiding their job completely, either out of habit or out of fear.
Such agents are allowing their fears of receiving the calls to hamper them in the way of their jobs. It extracts a lot of emotional and financial strength from the company. It can be damaging to the company’s reputation regardless of the telemarketing software it uses.
However, it must be understood that the reluctance for cold calling is mostly an internal roadblock. They are mind numbing thoughts that make them reluctant to get on the phone and do their jobs. CR can be extended beyond the calls and end up making the agents avoid in-person meetings as well.
This can result in loss of appointments, fewer search assignments and end up having a low-profit margin overall. George Dudley and Shannon Goodson, CR researchers have said: “as many as 80% of all salespeople who fail within their first year do so because of insufficient prospecting activity.” Much of this failure comes from CR alone.
There are many causes for CR, but they are usually categorized under three sections: Fraud Factor, Repeated Failure, and the Fear of Rejection.
Here, in this article, I will discuss the best ways you can overcome this fear:
1. Train your agents to use power blocking. This means breaking your calling day into hour long chunks with breaks in between. It will not only stimulate them but also help you in keeping stress free.
2. Keep interaction with your colleagues during office hours to a bare minimum. Remember, your colleagues won’t buy anything from your company but customers will.
3. It is scary to imagine the huge pile of work you must finish before leaving the office, but it won’t matter as much if you learn how to segregate your work into smaller chunks that can be finished in a quicker manner.
4. For important tasks that are not as easy to perform, try to schedule it in such a way that you finish it during the time when your performance energy is the highest. Procrastination is easier when the vigor drops, so it is best to finish the more important tasks first.
5. If you get cold feet every time you think about how your customers will respond to your calls, it is easy to fear your customers. It will lead to procrastination. Think about ways you could turn that rejection into acceptance.
6. Under any circumstances, do not let the tasks you haven’t finished yet pile up. If your day’s work is not over, it should be on your priority list the next day, and it should be solved as soon as possible. Letting it rot will only create more problems.
7. Find ways to make the unpleasant tasks fun or enjoyable. It will help you in boosting your confidence and help you in not avoiding prospective calling.
8. You should always lock in your motivation and have the willpower to succeed. You should not be reluctant when picking up calls. To do this you require training and support from those around you.
9. Keep judgments about yourself to a minimum. If you fail at a particular call and immediately think that you are bad at your job, it is likely you’ll fail the next one too. Keeping the negative thoughts to a minimum is important.
10. Mark Sanford suggests keeping a daily record. “Keep a careful daily record of all dials, contacts, and agreements for a next step (i.e., appointments, send literature, sale, etc.) so you come to an understanding of the ebbs and flows of calling activity, and learn that results are a function of the amount of calling. One of the killers in CR is the conviction that you can never advance because you will continually be rejected. Good records disprove this demoralizing way of thinking.”
The Case Study
To finish the research, it is important to take a look at the real world and study from the practical examples they provide.
Therefore, I will now present to you a short case study of a company called GBR who despite using the best telemarketing software available in the market for the company, saw a lack of customers, which they attributed to their agents.
In this case study, I will talk about the problem scenario, the challenges and the solutions that arose from this particular situation. We will also talk about the results in a brief manner to conclude the case study.
The Problem Scenario
The company GBR is a call center based company who deduced from their various observations that the agents were procrastinating and fearing their jobs as they had gone through a lot of rejections. They needed training from a life coach and advice on how to manage their works so that they could be more productive.
The challenges that were brought up to notice were:
1. The agents were procrastinating because they did not manage their time well.
2. Too many rejections were ruining their positivity.
3. The tasks were repetitive and boring leading to the lack of productive results.
The solutions were:
1. Time management was introduced to them by the lead manager.
2. To handle rejections and save themselves from self-judgement, they were advised to talk to a life coach, hired by the company on a monthly basis.
3. The tasks were switched up and a healthy competition was encouraged.
With the help of the life coach, the agents regained their confidence. Although procrastination still occurs from time to time, it is kept to a minimum.
These issues can be overlooked quite often because these are internal, but if allowed to go on it can become harmful. So it’s important to tackle them if you wish to avoid the loss of customers from the company.
8 Outstanding Sales Strategies for Cold Calling
Even when an agent is well prepared, sometimes due to many reasons, they end up fearing the phone calls they have to make or receive.
This is often attributed to lack of faith and confidence in their ability, unable to handle rejections. This is a serious issue that can hamper work performance of the best agents in your company.
This lack of confidence can be traced to fear of rejections or the sense of being lost and confused in the office. Even if they are accompanied by telemarketing software with proper guidance, they often feel nervous in front of the customers and end up losing the customer’s attention.
Matthew Bellows, CEO of Yesware, advises agents to “Bring a snapshot of the person you love most in the world to work, and tape it to your computer monitor. The next time you’re waiting for your prospect to pick up, pretend you’re calling the person in the photo instead.”
Being professionally friendly is important because according to statistics you only have ten seconds to create a first impression on a customer with your voice.
Given below are simple strategies for cold calling that will help you gain a boost to your confidence.
1. Be fearless when it comes to cold calling. Being shy and soft about it will only create difficulties. Managing objections well and being skillful will produce positive results.
2. It is important to have proper software that will chart out the conversation beforehand with information gathered to save time.
3. Management consultant Robert D. Smith says, “instead of aiming for a set number of “yes’s” per day, he decided to chase down “no’s.” By doing so he enabled himself to be positive.
4. It is a good idea to keep the sentences brief and to the point to have a maximum effect on the customers and encourage them to ask questions.
5. If the customer appears to be busy, give them the basics only and ask them if they will be free at a later time. Your goal should be to make a strong impression on the customer.
6. Avoid using voicemail messages. Most of the time the customer will skip them. Try instead to use emails and text messages that are shorter and well written.
7. Avoid multitasking during your customer sales calls. This will lead you losing track of your thoughts and appearing all over the place for the customer, who will get frustrated and hang up on you.
8. Avoid pitching prospects to your customers prematurely. You should know when to deliver your sales pitch and how to customize the pitch for a guaranteed sale.
The Case Study
Often, even with the use of the best telemarketing software available in the market, you do not see the results that you hope for. Using the above tips can help you solve the problem, since tools need to be used properly.
You need to see examples of the tips being used practically in real life by companies to determine which tips can be implemented easily and which ones need special attention for it to work properly. Therefore, before concluding your research it is important to glance at a case study pertaining to the topic.
In the case study that I will present to you, you will learn about a company called LTR, which is a call center based company. I will mention the problem scenario, the challenges that the company faced, and the solutions that the leaders managed to come up with.
To round off the case study I will also talk about the results in a brief manner.
The Problem Scenario
LTR started to notice a drop in the number of customers they had in the beginning of the year 2012, after a particularly bad year for the company. Upon doing several surveys they realized that the problem was simple but a complex one at the same time: lack of faith when it came to cold calling.
The ideal solution would be to remove the agents, who had developed this habit and hire newer ones, but due to costs restraints and the fact, that the company managers had full faith on the agent team, they decided to look for solutions that will transform this cold calling attitude and make the agents more proactive.
The challenges that the company faced are:
1. Agents seemed unwilling to call customers with a positive attitude. The customers, therefore, heard a robotic and bored voice, immediately losing any interest they had in the beginning.
2. They lacked a software tool that would help them map out the conversations between the customers and the agents in a proper manner. This meant that most of the time the agents were going in blind, feeling rejected if the customer happens to say no.
3. Most of the time the agents did not know on how to captivate and keep the attention of the customers, even though they had a great start. This needed further training.
The solutions that the leaders managed to come up with are:
1. Agents were asked to smile at least for 20 seconds before they started working, even if it was a fake smile. Science has shown that smiling can make things appear positive, so they were advised to smile to appear upbeat.
2. A software tool was added so that it could follow the conversation patterns and give visual cues to agents while they are on the call.
3. Agents were given proper training to build up their charisma skills and help them master the mechanics of drawing attention.
With proper training and encouragement, the agent team was nurtured enough to once again start retaining customers and to gain their loyalty. While the issue of cold calling wasn’t truly erased, provisions were made for agents to help them deal with it in a better way.
Rejection is a part of the telemarketing business, and approaching it timidly instead of being fearless and open about it can be harmful to the business. Combating such lack of faith can be difficult but it will be beneficial in the longer run.
Top 6 Tips to Conduct Successful Telemarketing Campaigns
Sales campaigns have existed in some form or the other for centuries now. What has changed in modern times, however, are the manner in which customers need to be approached and the features that need to be highlighted in order to drive a successful campaign.
The advent of social media changed the face of marketing, transforming our society into a digital ecosystem. Today, the online world has evolved to a point where we are rediscovering our traditional sales pitches in a new light to cater to a 21st century audience.
Companies and call centers are using telemarketing software to gather data about a potential customer and figure out the best statistical manner of approach so as to convince him to become a customer.
In an era of virtual attributes, people are often drawn to a real connection. This is where telemarketing becomes the most important tool for driving sales.
The legendary Zig Ziglar remarks, “Every sale has five basic obstacles – no need, no money, no hurry, no desire and no trust.” Telemarketers seek to overcome these obstacles, and that is what shapes the success of a company.
Every potential customer presents an opportunity. Sales consultant Mark Hunter observes, “It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s about handling the opportunities right.”
Telemarketing is a process of execution where one wrong move could not only cost a client, but damage the company’s reputation.
Given the pivotal role it plays in our economics, here are a few tips to help conduct successful telemarketing campaigns.
1. Gather information about a client before approaching him, so that every pitch is tailor-made for that specific client.
This is where software comes in handy, because it can evaluate the trends and patterns in customer behavior and indicate to route to be taken so as to generate the most effective results.
2. Consider running a sample message on a test group to see how clearly it resonates with their needs, before making the campaign public.
This helps to get some idea about the likelihood of the marketing campaign striking a chord with the potential customers.
You must be careful to choose the audience for such beta testing in a manner that is as close as possible to your actual target audience.
3. Performance metrics must be clearly defined for the campaign. Outline what you want to achieve, exactly what sort of business you are targeting, what clients you hope will revert, and take your meetings and base your deals on those metrics.
Leaving the success indicator undefined will lead to a lot of wasted resource over the blind lanes.
4. Prioritize quality over quantity. Having one call center agent reach out to 30 people in an hour is pointless if he does not devote the time and effort necessary to get a ‘yes’ out of any of those 30 people.
On the other hand, gathering information, studying the client, making the right pitch and establishing proper connection with a client would take more time, but would generate far more business, which is the end goal of a telemarketing campaign.
5. Make sure you have your infrastructure in place to create the right impression when you start off with a campaign.
Expect new customers to visit your website and your social media pages to form an opinion about your company. Ensure that you have enough staff in place with the requisite training to answer queries.
Interest generation is useless if there is no follow up mechanism.
6. Rely on data to show you the way, rather than the opinion.
Monitor all the key performance indicators and draw conclusions based on their trends. KPIs will help you understand exactly what is going right and what is going wrong with your campaign.
The Case Study
These tips will help you implement a telemarketing campaign far better and produce more effective results. To illustrate exactly how a campaign of this nature works to your advantage, let us take the example of a real-life situation.
To maintain anonymity, let us call the company Aaron BPO Services.
Aaron BPO Services is a call center company that provides the telemarketing services for a popular company.
In this case study, we will take a look at the situation that the company was in, the challenges it faced and the solutions that its top leaders managed to incorporate to eradicate those challenges.
We will also devote some time in understanding the effects of the changes that were brought about and how the results showed a positive change.
The Problem Scenario
The Company has been entrusted with launching a telemarketing campaign to boost the sales of a new product out in the market.
The company that hires Aaron BPO Services for the telemarketing solutions wants the product to reach out to the right buyers so that it can see a rapid growth in sales in this market.
The main challenges they faced with respect to this telemarketing campaign are listed below.
1. They had drawn up a generic script but found out that very few people were actually being responsive despite their best efforts. Changing the script did not cause any massive change in this regard either.
2. Although they were reaching out to a large number of people, a lot of the queries were not translating into business.
3. The outbound call center found it difficult to allocate enough resources to deal with the surge in interest, post the launch of the campaign, this meant that queries were getting queued up, and customers were beginning to lose the interest.
The managers drew up the following solutions to counter the problems they had faced.
1. They decided to invest in the best telemarketing software to help personalize the pitch for every client based on their history, inclinations, interests and likely requirements.
2. The company gave more importance in translating every call into a sale, rather than aiming for a huge number of calls.
3. They brought in trained personnel to deal with the follow ups in the most effective manner so that they could develop a lasting relationship with every customer they generated out of the campaign.
The results of the moves were clearly positive from the very beginning. Customer retention increased by more than 25% and sales were up by over 20% compared to the previous quarter. Sales went up to 30 points above predicted models within a year of running the campaign.
We see that telemarketing campaigns are an excellent way to boost the sales for any company. When done right, these campaigns could be the difference between a company that is flying high, and one that is barely sustaining business.
The tips and strategies for conducting telemarketing campaigns provided here helps to implement your campaign in a manner than brings success within reach.
How to Expand Your Business with Telemarketing Software?
Every business seeks to grow by announcing itself in previously unexplored territories and demographics, and establishing a successful model there.
Such expansion in business can only happen after careful consideration of various different factors, and proper implementation of the plans computed.
Customer relationship management forms an integral part of such expansion. The introduction of a new product or service is bound to bring about questions, clarifications, doubts and feedback from the target audience.
Companies recruit call centers to have a dedicated employees answering every question that a customer might have.
In addition, contact centers conduct telemarketing campaigns to spread word about the service, and contribute to the sales.
Telemarketing campaigns take the route of directly talking to every potential customer about the benefits of the product or service, and telling them how it would be a valuable addition to their lives.
To figure out the perfect way to pitch such a proposition, agents take the help of telemarketing software, which analyses the data from previous operations, computes trends in the customer behavior and projects models for campaigns.
The Case Study
Investing in the best telemarketing software can go a long way in ensuring that your business expands quickly and properly.
Here let us take a look at a real situation to understand the role that software can play in boosting our business. For this example, let us assume the call center in question is named as BELEEZ SOFTWARE for the sake of anonymity.
BELEEZ SOFTWARE is a call center which provides telemarketing services for an established company.
In this case study, we will take a detailed look into the problems faced by the company during its operations and the solutions that they came up with.
We will also take a look into the result of implementation of these changes and whether the use of software contributed positively to business or not.
The Problem Scenario
The company that BELEEZ SOFTWARE conducts its telemarketing for is venturing into new countries with the launch of its latest products.
BELEEZ SOFTWARE is wary of the attention it is likely to receive, but it is unsure of the reception in some of the places where it is getting released for the very first time.
In addition, they are unclear about how exactly they should approach these new audiences to capture their attention and pitch this new product.
The company faced quite a few challenges while opening up business in new territories. Some of the most pertinent issues they faced were as listed below.
1. There was no tool at hand to project the type of response that the product would receive in areas where they were launching for the first time.
Since there is no prior data for these places, the company found it difficult to understand the pulse of the target audiences who would be exposed to it for the first time.
2. Telecalling lists had not been prepared for the direct approach to potential clients yet. This meant that the company had no way to actually have a one on one conversation with members of the public regarding the product and its uses, facets and details.
This meant that the public at large would remain unaware of the finer details of the product that had been launched. In time, this would translate to lack of interest.
3. The customer service setup was not personalized to deal with queries specific to any particular region. The company found this to be a problem because they soon encountered doubts that they had not faced from customers in other parts of the world.
Because these specific regions had very specific and different requirements, they required specialized skills to deal with them.
The managers realized that their project of expansion would be successful only if they were dedicated to understanding how the market functions in that region.
They realized that they would have to take the help of software to come up with the following solutions.
1. Gauging public interest through customer surveys – Most of the established organization adopt this method before venturing into unknown waters. Software’s are present that take in data from short, comprehensive survey results, analyze the data and understand the patterns in likely customer behavior from the trends that occur.
2. Direct telecalling lists – One on one interactions form the cornerstone of sales pitches. To that end, telemarketing involves placing cold calls to potential clients, answering their queries and building trust.
In such cases, it helps to have software to determine the conversation and buying history of that customer, so that the pitch can be done in a personalized and most effective manner.
3. Lead generation – Targets needs to be set so that practices like customer surveys and calling lists have an end goal. A lead is a potential customer who expresses interest in buying your products.
Lead generation exercises have to be conducted continuously and with very fixed targets to aim for, in order to ensure a continuous stream of revenue.
4. Dedicated customer service – The key to staying in a competitive market is being one notch above everyone else when it comes to customer service.
This is again a phase when you can leverage the power of telemarketing tools to help yourself sustain a long-lasting relationship with your customer to retain their trust.
Results started showing a positive turn soon after the implementation of these changes. Customers were able to relate better with the customer service personnel, and thus their trust in the brand increased.
This translated to better sales, and within two years of continued operations, the company was able to carve out a majority of the market share, all by adhering to data-driven decisions and ensuring more personalized service along with the provision of good quality products.
Thus we see that the usage of software relating to telemarketing services contributes greatly to successful expansion of business.
It helps to determine the correct steps to take to ascertain interest of the public before actually starting operations, and ensuring you, adapt to the region after the launch.
How does Telemarketing Software help Inside Sales Teams?
Inside Sales is a term used to define the practice of generating, nurturing and eventually converting a lead over the phone without actual face-to-face pitches.
It is the fastest growing module of telemarketing, aided by the advancement in telemarketing software which allows a call center agent to fully examine customer data and formulate conversations accordingly without actually having prior meets with them to get to know their inclinations.
Ayesha Khan of TechBlocks remarks, “Once you get someone on the phone, your approach needs to be tailored to match that of the person on the other end of the line.”
This is exactly where the miracle of technology comes in handy.
Call centers take the help of call center software to essentially assess all available information about a customer so that the agent has a fair idea of the approach to be taken.
The Case Study
To highlight the issue of how telemarketing services that have been developed are useful for inside sales teams, we will take a look at a case study concerning a real-life scenario.
For the sake of anonymity, let us call the telemarketing service provider in question, ABARTA SOLUTIONS. In this example, ABARTA SOLUTIONS is a call center which is hired for telecommunications for a large organization.
In this case study, we will have an understanding of the situation in which the company was, what sort of challenges it faced with respect to its operations in inside sales, and what solutions were proposed and implemented to tackle these problems.
We will also evaluate the effect of the implementation of these changes, and see whether the introduction of software resulted in better performances or not.
The Problem Scenario
The priority for ABARTA SOLUTIONS is growing its inside sales team’s performance attributes and pushing it to boost the sales for overall period of time.
However, the managers have noticed that their conversion ratio is significantly behind their competitors in the market. Their efficiency in sales was generating enough leads, but very few were actually progressing to investing in their company. This led to their growth rate falling and they were rapidly losing out on the market share.
The company faced several obstacles in its daily functions, but here we list the most pertinent challenges with respect to the deliverance of the inside sales team.
1. They were finding it difficult to stick to a general script as they would use in other telemarketing activities. Different customers were reacting differently to the initial pitch being made, and because of lack of personalization a lot of leads were opting out.
2. Sales representatives did not have prior data about the customer at hand before placing the call, therefore the initial approach they took often turned out to be something not suitable for that particular individual. This was leading to a lot of the generated leads not being nurtured with the right approach.
3. Employees were taking decisions based on the impression they generated about the customer they were talking to. In quite a few cases, employees made claims based on the approach they took, but on follow ups, later the same path was not taken by whoever was in charge of the call at that point.
This inconsistency also prompted potential customer to give their businesses to rivals rather than their company.
The managers recognized the requirement for incorporating a change in the model they were following so as to benefit the business. They studied the problems they were facing and came up with the following solutions as a counter to them.
1. The company decided to take the help of the best telemarketing software available to aid with the inside sales. The software would collect the data about all of the leads generated, assess their buying history, their previous conversations, profile and behavioral trends, and give an indication of what would be the best course of action to take in order to build a trustworthy relationship with that customer and gain his business.
2. Employees were trained specifically in the skill of pitching without a script or with a very loose script. This is an important aspect of inside sales where most of the conversation that you have will have to be improvised to perfectly fit the demands and requirements of the customer.
3. Call center agents were asked to take data driven decision when on call with any potential customer. Data from the conversation would continuously be fed to the software which would analyze it to identify trends and build up a predictive model to assist the agent on call and direct him towards the best possible approach.
Following the suggestion provided by the software guarantees the best statistical probability of converting the lead into an actual customer.
The first month into the implementation of new technology was invested in the proper training of employees to change their tactics to suit the needs of the company. From that point on, the process of generation to conversion of leads was much more streamlined and fluent.
Within the next six months, the conversion ratio was up 4% compared to the previous year. In the first year since the implementation of these changes, the company saw a revenue increase of 12%, a significant increase from the 8.5% growth rate it had recorded the previous year.
The Inside Sales Team started making more business and accounted for 54% of the company revenue, up from the 33% it had two years ago.
With more and more importance being given to the inside sales reports, personnel were increased and trained to perform with the maximum efficiency.
We see how important the inside sales cycle is in the context of modern day business. The team handling inside sales would significantly benefit from the optimal use of technology.
Through this case study we can see how the situation changes positively after the introduction of technological tools to help in telemarketing.
These software allows the call center agents to have a detailed clarity in their approach and help them understand the possibilities in a conversation with the customer before they actually pick up the phone for a call.
How to Increase Conversion Rates with Telemarketing Software
Telemarketing today has evolved in leaps and bounds from the practices that were followed a decade ago. The process of lead identification, lead generation, lead nurturing and finally conversion to sales, is highly systematic, regulated and influenced by the implementation of tools.
Telemarketing Software aid call center agents in making the best use of the resources they have to carry out the data-driven decisions.
The watchword of sales still remains conversion ratio. The rate at which leads turn to customers is the yardstick for measurement of how successful a call center agency is, and subsequently how efficient the customer service provided by the company is.
Therefore, companies are keen to arm themselves with any strategy possible that could help them increase this conversion rate.
The Case Study
Software finds place in every corner of the world today. Telemarketing is no different, with computerized solutions finding easy answers to some of the traditional problems that we faced because of sheer volume or lack of efficiency.
Automation has smoothened the flow of many parts of the work, thereby ensuring that all of that work can go on in the background without human interruptions.
To understand how software plays a pivotal role in influencing conversions, let us take an example of a call center ZABERA TECHNOLOGIES.
For the purpose of this example, ZABERA TECHNOLOGIES is a telemarketing agency carrying out call center solutions for a large organization.
In this case study, we will take a look at the situation that ZABERA TECHNOLOGIES found itself in, what sort of challenges it faced and what changes they implemented to solve those challenges.
We will also evaluate whether these changes brought about a positive change, and how business was influenced by them.
The Problem Scenario
ZABERA TECHNOLOGIES was receiving the huge number of leads, thanks to aggressive marketing strategies post a new product launch by the company.
Lots of people seemed interested to know more about the product. However, it was noticed that a considerable number of these leads were not translating into sales.
Therefore, a lot of these interested people were not becoming customers. This low conversion rate was affecting business of the company, and they were beginning to lose market share.
There were many challenges that the company faced with respect to day-to-day operations, but here we will take a look at those pertaining to the conversion rate that they were achieving.
1. It was found that a lot of the interested potential buyers were unable to understand the actual value proposition at first glance.
They were unclear about the details and therefore eventually decided to not pursue investing in the product. In case they had doubts about anything that they read or heard, they were finding it difficult to access a portal where their doubts could be cleared immediately and comprehensively.
2. Potential customers who called in for explanations about the product were not given personalized replies; instead they had to figure everything out from the general replies that had been scripted for queries.
Very often, they felt that the clarifications they received were unsatisfactory, and this led to a domino effect whereby sales suffered in the end.
The company was unable to do much about this under the current scenario because they had to make do with the number of employees they had, and it was logistically not possible to devote time and effort into personalizing conversations with the individual customers or leads.
3. There was no live support system installed, so people had to wait for a reply if they had a query. This was acting against the company, because users were not satisfied with sitting back and waiting for a reply to come after providing their contact information. They wanted immediate answers, which the company was unable to provide.
The managers of the company sat together and drew up certain solutions that they believed would counter the challenges that they were facing. The solutions they came up with are listed below.
1. They decided to implement the best telemarketing software that would provide information to the agent on-call about the customer who has called, what their preferences and buying history indicates, etc. so that the call center employees can provide personalized services to each individual lead and drive the conversation according to the data that they receive.
2. Live chat features would be installed and employees would be dedicated to staying online for queries so that in case a customer requires any clarification, it can be done immediately without keeping him waiting.
It would also serve as a great way to grab the user’s attention and direct it to whatever product or service the company was looking to sell. With an interactive platform, it could also be used to get to know the precise problem of the user.
3. Automation would ensure that human intervention was not necessary for the work that was systematic and mechanical.
With less attention required for these jobs, employees could focus more on human interactions with clients, understanding their problems and thinking up more accurate solutions to suit their specific needs.
In this manner, the level of customer service would improve and conversion rates would also change for the better.
The results of the implementation of these changes were almost immediate for all to see. Conversion rates went up by as much as 30% within the first quarter itself, and complaints about the customer service of the company fell to an all-time low.
Within the next year, conversion rates were up by more than 40% of the previous year, and the lost market share had been regained. The company was now once again the primary holder of the market, with a majority of buyers opting for their products.
Thus we see that the use of software for telemarketing can change the entire spectrum of the business by heavily influencing its most crucial aspect – the conversion rate.
The correct implementation of these tools can make a business grow faster than any traditional methods can. Proper usage of call center software is directly linked to the increase in conversion rates, which in turn is directly linked to the increase in sales and growth of a business.