While in the market for purchasing an outbound call center software, you must select the one that will increase the overall productivity of your business. The software must have a broad offering and perform a wide range of functions, thus providing an end-to-end solution for all your outbound calling needs.
There are many software offerings in the market and each will offer a feature or a set of features of some value but the software that covers your entire workflow process is the one that you need.
Here are a 14 tips on what to look for:
1) Coverage of Business Process: The software must cover as much of your business process as is needed to deliver an effective end-to-end solution. Providing only one part(s) of the solution (e.g. telecalling) does not result in a complete outbound calling solution. All “outbound calling” is done with an objective in mind e.g. sales, customer service, dues recovery, inside sales (etc.) and has an attached workflow. The software must have features, functionalities and benefits across that entire workflow process.
2) No Software or Hardware to Buy or Install: Installed solutions are cumbersome, expensive and for the earlier generation of legacy call centers. They need CapEx as well as investment in personnel, training and constant re-training. Purchasing a cloud based or mobile app based outbound calling solution means that you do not need to buy or install any software or hardware.
3) Use as a Mobile App: The leading outbound calling software are those that are also available as a downloadable mobile app. This increases the flexibility of usage for the client and his team.
4) Reduce Company Operating Cost, Work from Home: The above feature opens up the work-from-home option as well as the part-time workforce since the telecaller can be present anywhere. The Manager, on his part, can easily monitor the telecallers activity and performance through call reports, call recordings, call metrics (etc.). This, in turn, reduces company operating expenses and also opens up the available number of telecaller options thereby improving efficiency and productivity.
5) Automation: The judicious use of drop downs, check boxes and pre-filled or customized dispositions increases efficiency and crashes the process cycle time. It also makes it easier for the Manager to view more insightful reports e.g. he may want to see all those in a campaign (or across all campaigns) that said “they found the price too high”. Revisiting those customers with suitable offers where possible ensures that revenue from those customers is not lost.
6) Allowing Manual Updation: Along with automation, it is also important that the software is intelligent enough to allow manual interjection and updating wherever needed. E.g. editing & updating.
7) Easy to Install, Upgrade and Manage: Since it is a cloud based software, not only is usage and training easy, new features are also easily added and embedded. Regular emails, podcasts and online training sessions by the developers ensures that your team is on top of all new features and functions, and, is using the software to maximum benefit.
8) Robust: The software must be solid and robust. If not, its benefits would not translate into effective results for clients since downtime, internal system maintenance and upgrades would be a frequent and common occurrence.
9) Historical Information of Prospects: Easy access to historical information of past calls made, remarks added, conversations (through call recordings) and next steps is a must. This allows subsequent calls to pick up exactly where the previous conversation ended and make sure that the best suited next steps/pitch is made in future calls.
10) Campaign Management: Easy upload and management of contacts/prospects, convenient editing options and insightful call reports allow for ease of campaign management which is a critical benefit of any outbound calling software.
11) Call Recording: Having access to call recordings in real-time is important on many fronts: it allows Managers to review the pitch being made, use for training & development and also for monitoring.
12) Call Reports: Call metrics such as avg. no of calls made per day, per hour, by telecaller, by campaign, av. Time per call, company team averages, comparisons between individual team members against company team averages (etc.) are all critical insights that companies need to ensure that they are getting the requisite ROI on their outbound calling.
13) Increase Productivity: Judicious usage of the features mentioned above results in an overall increase of productivity and ROI on company outbound calling. This improves revenue, strengthen bottom line and results in overall profitability for the organization.
14) Monitor Field Force: A software that provides an end-to-end solution is one that allows you to track your Field Agents once the telecaller has assigned them appointments. Through features such as automatic geo-tagging, image capture and upload (e.g. of cheques, documents purchase orders etc.), the Manager can monitor the daily schedule of his Field Agents in real-time.
Problem: Mr. Panda, who runs a DSA for a leading Telecommunication Firm, is faced with a growing problem. He receives leads from multiple sources including responses to TV commercials and on-screen scrollers, advertisements on local and national yellow page listings, Google adwords and Facebook campaigns. Additionally, as his business grows rapidly, he receives many referrals through inbound enquiries as well as positive responses to his telecalling efforts. He knows that his leads are not being properly managed and as a result he is losing business, likely being won by his competitors. Additionally, he knows that after his team of 55 telecallers assign daily meetings to his 35 Feet-on-Street team, he has no visibility on how and when they actually execute those meetings and is completely dependent on the feedback that he receives from them. In an effort to streamline his business process, he went online and searched for “best outbound call center software”.
Result: After reviewing the results and receiving demos from his search results, Mr. Panda was able to identify the software that best suited his needs and seamlessly and effortlessly covered his entire outbound calling, sales and customer management process. The pre-sales team of vendor that he selected not only understood his business process quickly but also made a few quick customized changes to further improve the benefits that the software delivered through its strong suit of features.
• Within a few weeks of implementation, the entire workflow showed vast improvement.
• From the (starting) point of a lead entering the system from various sources through to the Field Agents closing the sale, the business process was now completely transparent and highly efficient.
• Managers, as well as team members, were acutely aware of the entire process and the other parts of the system, follow-ups that needed to be actioned, clients that needed special attention (etc.).
• Earlier problems such as understanding what stage a lead was at, why there wasn’t enough conversion, why through output wasn’t enough and how the pipeline for each telecaller and team stacked up completely disappeared.
• Profitability, productivity and efficiency increased manifold within the first couple of months of operation and M. Panda is now actively looking at opening more branches by replicating his current workflow and business process.
Using the best telemarketing software for his business has resulted in Mr. Panda driving results, increasing transparency, accountability and efficiency, expanding his business and creating a happier and more motivated workforce.