The call center software solutions reviews can be a great way to find the best tools in the communication industry. It is essential that you choose an outbound calling solution that not only helps you to reduce the workload but is also of a great help to the workforce.
Handling a contact center is not a simple task. From lead generation to calling, convincing to closing deals, there are a lot of chores and, as a result, the place can be extremely chaotic. It is only with the help of best call center software that the agents can do their job with finesse and help in customer excellence. In their multiple day-to-day activities, one important task is to follow-up with the purchasers.
According to the Harvard Business Review, one of the greatest ways to test a business is to check how it does the follow-ups. These days, the callers want everything at a fast pace. They are so immersed in finding new leads that they do not give enough time to develop a relationship with the prospects.
Interacting after the initial contact is made can be a great way of knowing more about the buyer. While they spend a lot of time networking, too many drop the ball when it comes to following up with the clients. There are three types of follow-ups that the agents must pay attention to. Pre-sales deals with the prospects, friendly includes sending information to the targeted audience and post-sales looks after the established clients of the company.
Follow-ups are an important method of communication and it is essential that the callers pay attention to it. Here are a few tips on how you can be effective while pursuing the consumers.
1. Be Prompt
• As a sales representative, your primary target is to achieve more closed deals. This can happen only when you are on your toes and have the capability to act and think fast. Taking too much time to think can make your lead cold or even worse can make him a part of your competitor.
• This is especially true in the case of pre-sales follow-up. There are chances that the customer is really interested in the product. However, the lack of communication from your end makes him feel that you are not interested and thus, he starts looking at other organizations which offer the same merchandise and better service. Hence, it is vital that you send them the message as soon as you can.
• In the case of post-sales, timely follow-up shows that you care about the customer and his experience. The fact that you are looking after them post the deal, gives them an impression that they are more than a mere financial transaction for you and can hence add to your positive brand value. This also gives you a chance to learn more facts about the product from the client’s point of view.
• Something as simple as “Thank you for choosing our company. We assure you, our product will enrich your life!” can be considered as a great way of interacting with the buyers. Answering the purchasers as soon as you can with a simple acknowledgment, the introduction of the company or information of the merchandise shows that you are interested in creating a bond with them. However, time plays a major factor in them. If you approach them after a week of the initial contact, chances are that they might have forgotten about your offer and are no more interested.
• Have a weekly strategy for follow-ups. In a bid to get more customers on board, there are chances that you might forget about responding to the buyers. The call center software for sale can be of great help under such situations. The best call-center software comes with an automated feature that generates alerts in regular intervals reminding you about the impending follow-ups.
• Send the information immediately after you make the initial contact. A nice move could be sending all that was communicated during the phone call as a part of the e-mail campaign. The consumers usually ask a lot of questions when they are interested in the merchandise. While they think that they can retain all the information about the product, there are chances that they might forget little details and can get confused about their purchase decision.
• The documented conversation makes it simpler for them to review their questions and can help you overcome the unnecessary barriers to closing the deal. Another example of prompt follow-up for pre-sales can be sending the clients the customer testimonials or a master list of frequently asked questions.
2. Have a Plan
• It is vital that you stay prepared for the follow-up interaction. The leads are in the different stages of the sales funnel and the content shall vary for them all. The agents need to be prepared with all the information. Also, make sure that you have all the contact details of the buyers updated in the outbound calling software.
• They need to have sound product knowledge and should be able to answer the queries of the buyers accordingly. The future of the business relationship depends upon how you pitch. For the starters, it is important that you have designed script before you make the call.
• Also, plan the next step in case the customer says “yes” or “no”. If he agrees, you have to communicate the price and other things related to the product and in case he says “no”, you need to have a strategy in mind to keep him a part of the e-mail newsletter campaign. What other pitches can you make? Who are the others that you can contact?
3. Get Exact Commitment
• The agents often make the mistake of taking vague answers from the client. It is essential that you establish a specific date and time for the next interaction. Fuzzy responses like, “Call me next week,” “I will let you know in few days,” will not help you get your desired result.
• Instead, say, “I will be more than happy to send you whatever we have discussed in a properly formatted e-mail. And what I would like to recommend is that we set up Wednesday, the 15th, say, 3 PM to review it in detail and discuss what our future steps can be. How does it sound? In case you are not comfortable feel free to suggest date and time.”
• Creating a deadline is a simple but powerful tactic. Do not leave it to the customers to give you a commitment. In case they are not giving you exact day, you propose it yourself. This not only helps you to set a timeframe to your deal but also shows your seriousness. However, remember to follow it precisely. In case you are not punctual, it is going to backfire and the consumers are going to see you in a negative light.
4. Channel Diversity
• It is essential that you diversify beyond the regular modes of communication. With the advent of social media, interactions have been revolutionized. Thus, it is important that you tap all the available options. Leaving voicemails is another method through which the company can increase familiarity as well as awareness within the customers. This can be a useful method of communication when you are not able to connect with the clients on other platforms.
• It is also essential that you ask the customers which mode of communication they prefer. There are chances that the individual might not check his mails frequently or is not comfortable of the idea of having you around on his social media profile. Thus, it is vital that you seek their permission before taking any action. Also, make sure that your telemarketing software for small business supports all the major platforms of communication that you require.
• However, if you really want to know more about the buyer without being a nuisance for him, follow him on social platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn. In case he follows you back, take it as a positive sign. This also helps you to know more about the purchaser and his buying habits. However, do not venture into the personal environments like Instagram as it would not be the right place to do sale pitches.
5. Timing Makes the Difference
• The consumers will buy when they are ready to make the purchase and not according to when you are ready to sell. Thus, it is essential that you are in their mind at all the times. In other words, you need to have a religious follow-up plan for your buyers. It is essential that you frequently check upon both the potential as well as existing customers. This will not only keep them updated about the products of the company but will also keep you informed about their stage in the leads sale cycle.
• For the timing to be exact, it is vital that the sales and marketing teams are integrated. It is essential that you follow-up with warm leads in a regular time interval. This ensures that you are on the top of their mind when they decide to make the purchase. Another important thing is to keep in touch with the prospects that are cold now but have chances of turning warm later.
• The follow-up can include relevant information about the product, something that can excite him to buy it. Keep an efficient track of how the leads are performing so that you can know their exact position in the sales funnel. In case, the probable buyer is almost ready to make the purchase, send him information on the benefits of the merchandise. If the contact is in the initial stages, send them previous consumer experiences and organization information so that you can establish credibility and also build a bond with them.
• For example, in case the lead is almost ready and is looking between his options, something like, “Hi Jude, I understand that you have certain considerations about the cost. I have included few benefits of the merchandise and how it can be worth the price for you. Do you have 10 minutes to talk more about it? I would be glad to help you!” should help.
• In case the lead is cold and acting unresponsive, “Hi Swati, Hope you are doing great. I haven’t heard back from you about the proposal. If you are free to talk, let me know how your calendar looks. If not, who would be the appropriate person to talk?” can work.
6. Content is King
• What you have communicated in the follow-up determines the final outcome. It is the content and the way you present the information that will make all the difference. It is only through this that the buyers will differentiate between a desperate seller and a valued business associate. The content of the follow-up needs to be interesting and must compel the readers to take an action ahead. However, this does not imply that it must be promotional in nature.
• Bring your creativity into the foray and try not to be boring. Marketing mails are generally sent into spam and thus serves no point as the buyers do not get the information. One easy method to create valuable content is to take the help of the marketing professionals. They usually use data and analytics in order to create the posts that are required by the consumers. The inside sales team can use this to their advantage and can tweak it around a little in order to make it more informative rather than promotional.
• It is vital that you engage them in the conversation. Make sure that the content is aligned with your motive to help the customers make an informed choice. Only then will the consumers pay attention to what is sent in the mail.
• Reemphasize on the business value. Explain to them how the product can be beneficial and why the company stands out in the market. Unless you outline that what makes your organization special, they are not going to pay much heed. Talk about their pain points and offer them insights on the same. Do not try and pitch in while doing the follow-ups as this can frustrate the buyers. The content needs to be educative in nature. You can use various modes like a whitepaper, blog post, case study, webinar invitation, e-book or a simple product announcement.
• The main objective of the follow-ups is to stay at the top of the mind of the customers and to add value to their purchasing decision. Thus, it is essential that you utilize the opportunity correctly. Remember to have a proper mix of repetition and variety. While you summarize the entire interaction, also considering adding few extra points that you did not cover during the call. This will keep him engaged in the follow-up.
• The opening and closing during the next call can also make a huge difference. Something like, “The reason for my call is to see whether you have made any decision,” can seem too uninteresting and direct. Instead, approach with, “We had an interaction last week and I was wondering if you have given any thoughts to the said proposal.” This gives them a choice to think and can help in creating a positive frame of mind for the buyers.
7. Act Polite
• Unresponsive follow-ups can be a pain for the agents. Often, after trying three or four times, the caller gets frustrated and can act peevish. However, it is vital to remember that patience and persistence together can make the follow-up a success.
• The callers also need to understand that the customers are not under any obligation to buy the product and have the choice to ignore it. Every interaction needs to be as humble and polite like the first pitch that you made. Showing that you are friendly and understand that the customer is busy, shows that you value him and helps you to improve your brand image.
• In case the buyer is not interested, move on and look for others in the market. It is vital that you take the failure in stride. Directly ask the consumer if he is not interested if he does not respond after a few follow-ups. “I know how busy you are and understand that you are not able to reach me back. However, I do not want to bombard you with unnecessary mails or calls. Just let me know in case you need me to stop.”
• Most clients will respect your honesty and will let you know if they are interested or not. However, if he gives a negative response, do not let it dishearten you. The call center telemarketing software has a huge database of probable purchasers. There is always someone whom you can contact and pitch.
8. Don’t Act Desperate
• Spamming the mailboxes of the consumers or calling them every day is going to be of no help. It will instead make you look desperate for sales. Persuasion does not imply that you mail them daily. In case you do so, there are chances that the buyer might completely ignore you. Contact only when you think that it must be of any interest to the customer or when you have something important to tell.
• The general rule of thumb is to maintain a time gap of at least a week before interactions. This gives them the time to think and also allows you to add in more creativity to the content. When you act too pushy, chances are that the lead might shut down completely, thereby taking away your chance of earning a loyal customer. However, on the contrary, if you allow too much of time to pass away, you risk losing the probable prospect to your competitor.
• Thus, maintain a periodic cycle of regular follow-ups. After the initial contact, send them a mail every week and then switch to a fortnight and so on. Respect the individual’s time as well as the resources of the organization. Buy Telemarketing Software that allows you to attach a remainder on every contact tag so that you do not mess up with any follow-up.
• Given below is a schedule that can work. However, it can vary depending upon the organization and its structural workflow.
Day1: Call and a Follow-up Email summarizing the interaction.
Day4: Social Media Usage
Day12: Social Media Input
Day15: Follow-up Call.
9. Ask and then Act
• Contacting the customers without their permission can pave the way for disaster. This not only makes you look desperate for sales but also shows that you neither value the privacy of the purchaser nor have any interest in their time. This will ultimately cast a negative impression of the corporation before the consumer.
• Before sending them mails about the products of the corporation, it is vital that you build a bond with them. When they recognize you, there are greater chances of them responding in a positive manner towards you.
• More than often the probable purchasers will not convert into a closed deal in the first instance. They might not require the product and services of the company in the present times. However, this does not imply that they won’t require you in the future.
• If you get into an introductory call with any of your prospects and there are chances of your company getting associated with them, sometime later in the future ask them how you can stay in touch with them. Try and establish the business value without sounding proud or pushy. Is there any specific information that you can offer to them? Look out for avenues and seek their permission.
10. Personalize the Interaction
• The consumers like it when you make them feel special. When the interaction is tailor-made according to their needs, they are more inclined to give a positive response. Same goes for follow-ups. Personalize them according to the requirements of the client. Buy telemarketing software that allows you to integrate the application with the leading social networking platforms. In this manner, you will be able to find more information about the buyers and tweak the proposal accordingly.
• The follow-up could also be related to something that the client asked you on your official webpage or the blog. For example, Sprinks Gym Center uses telemarketing CRM software in order to connect with the buyers. The agent received a notification when one of their probable customers asked them the benefits of the parallel bar dip training on one of the social sites. The caller not only responded to him on the networking platform but also sent him an e-mail newsletter based on how the exercise can help in building triceps.
• This helps you to target the interest of the customer and when you have content based on the areas of their focus, chances of them becoming your consumer are higher. The outbound call center software also comes with the feature of recording the interaction with the purchaser. This allows you to know what exactly the client wanted and you can have your follow-ups just based on that. This also helps you to understand the purchasing history of the consumer and you can know which merchandise or service can be of more interest to them.
Here are a few tips to show how you can write effective follow-ups.
• Be brief. No one wants to read long messages. Stick to the point without sounding promotional.
• Do not include ‘Follow-up’ in the subject line. Chances are that the buyer will not open the mail. Instead, use something creative and exciting so that the customers are interested to know more.
• State your objective in few lines. What do you want to achieve through this follow-up? This makes it simpler for the consumers to sail through the content.
• Restate the points that got the consumer excited during the first interaction.
• Ask for next steps and ask the customer commitment for the next conversation.
• Make sure that the content is relevant to the needs of the purchaser.
• Use names of, both, the customers as well as well as the agents in the mail. Instead of saying Sir/Madam writing the name helps in creating a bond between the company and the customer. Apart from this, also, mention the name of the caller as people do business with those whom they know and trust. This also gives a personal touch to the conversation and usually works.
• Remember to thank the customer for taking the time to read. Also include the contact details of the person who can be reached upon in case of any question or complaint.
Convincing the customer to invest in your company can be a difficult chore. It requires repetitive interactions and convincing on the part of the organization. It can be taxing and frustrating at times. However, when you are armed with finest callers and best cloud based call center software that automates most of the tasks, you have nothing to worry about!